News and Events
- April 30, 2013
- MDWARN Free Workshop and Tabletop Exercise
Please see the Workshop Webpage for more information
Download the Workshop's After Action Report
- February 23, 2010
- MDWARN Organizational Annual Meeting
- December 8, 2009
- A public roll out of MDWARN at the Howard County DPW - Bureau of
Utilities. Four County Executives and a number of other dignitaries
officially announced Maryland becoming the 44th state to initiate a WARN.
- November 18, 2009
- Introduction to MDWARN given at the Dept. of Emergency Services
in Elkton MD. Sponsored by the Maryland Rural Water Association.
Download the PowerPoint presentation given at the event. ( 3.5 Mb )
- September 15, 2009
- Maryland Department of the Environment endorses MDWARN.
View MDE's letter of support.
- September 14, 2009
- MDWARN.org website launched.
- June 17, 2009
- First face to face meeting of MDWARN participants,
Steering Committee formed.
- February 4-6, 2009
- National WARN Chairs meeting in Denver, Colorado.
A 36-inch water main break disrupts train service
between Baltimore and Washington.
Halethorpe, Md. April 29, 2009.